Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Gerrard to stay as England captain


England midfielder Steven Gerrard has confirmed he wants to continue as captain and help Roy Hodgson's side qualify for the World Cup in Brazil 2014.
The Liverpool and England skipper guided the Three Lions to the quarter-finals, where penalty defeat once again sent his side home early. And Gerrard has reiterated his desire to continue playing for England, and to remain as captain as they look ahead to Brazil in two years time.
"I've loved it, I've loved the responsibility and I've enjoyed every minute of it," said Gerrard of leading England in Ukraine and Poland. "I've had a brief chat with the manager, I'm available as long as I'm wanted at this level. The manager has told me he wants me to continue and carry on."


No comments:

Post a Comment